How to get out debt and build a house before you're 30....

One of the creative nonfiction pieces I wrote over the summer during my workshop was accepted by Whistling Fire, an online literary journal. Starting today, it is on their website at http://www.whistlingfire.com.

It's a how-to style piece about our struggle to get out of debt and build our house. It's alternately humorous and sad.

According to duotrope.com, Whistling Fire was,

"Conceived in December 2008 as a collective effort of MFA students, The Whistling Fire provides a forum where fresh voices share creative works of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. We encourage writers with an eye toward publication to submit their works or works in progress, as we wish to showcase a diverse array of styles and voices. We encourage our readers to comment on posted works in the spirit of constructive criticism. Positive feedback is always welcomed; constructive literary criticism is encouraged. Our aim is to encourage the writing process."


Now if only I could access it on school computers...

Comments

  1. Hi Sandra Rose, I've tagged you in the Lucky 7 Meme, rules on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Article! Those were oddly specific steps ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why they published it. it's realistic, and emotionally honest - 2 aspects of great writers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still wonder if a short term construction loan would have been less fattening and painful. haha

    At any rate I am very proud of your hard work and tenacity.

    DAD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sure I'm trailer-trash- Do you have a problem with that?

Kitten update

Actual Conversation Between my Children Overheard This Morning