The Story of Us- Part 1

My husband and I a few years before our baby was born.
For Christmas this year, I wrote a 75 page summary of my husband and I's courtship and the last 7 years of our marriage. He loved it and I really enjoyed writing it. I will include a few excerpts here.



Bright blue eyes stared into mine and round cheeks grinned up at me as I reached over to wake our son this Christmas morning. By this Christmas of 2012, our son Bennett will be about six months old.
When I hold little Bennett in my arms this holiday season, it is hard to imagine that there was ever a time before he existed. Even harder to imagine is the fact that there was once a time before Anthony and I knew each other- quite a long time (especially for Anthony), in fact, before we met, courted, and became a family.
It was shortly before Christmas of 2002 when we met for the first time on a blind date to the Yule. Our mutual friend, Jennifer, was setting up my sister Carolyn and one of our friends, Becka, up on dates to the Yule. Then she asked if anyone else wanted a date.
Part of me didn’t want to volunteer, because it would probably be awkward and I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to go, but the adventurous part of me shut up the sensible part and I asked Jennifer to set me, up, too. 
A few weeks later she told me that I would be going with a 26-year old man, a physical therapist named Anthony who she described as hard-working, “obsessed” with physical fitness, and gentlemanly. She also produced a fuzzy picture of a nondescript, short, dark-haired young man.
He looks nice, but it will probably be nothing, I told myself. Don’t get too excited. He’s way too old for you (I was 19 at the time) and will probably think you are like an irritating little sister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sure I'm trailer-trash- Do you have a problem with that?

Actual Conversation Between my Children Overheard This Morning

Kitten update