My photo
Lake Isabella, CA, United States
I am an aspiring writer in the Kern River Valley. This blog is a "test kitchen" to try different writing styles and to work through the many rejections and the handful of acceptances my work has received. But no matter what other people say about my writing, at least my mother thinks I'm a good writer!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hope is a thing with feathers

I went outside yesterday morning and breathed in the fresh spring air.

For the first time in a while the future seemed bright.

Is it that the play I'm directing is almost over?

Is it that the yearbook is almost completed?

Could it be that I finally got enough sleep?

Or is it just spring?

3 comments:

  1. Hope is a beautiful thing. Isn't it amazing that it is never really gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole Anne, I love the title, too- too bad I can't take credit for it. I stole it from an Emily Dickenson poem.

    Carolyn- it is amazing how it always comes back again...but I'm often frightened that it won't.

    ReplyDelete