Poem: Leaving Me Behind

Grandfather, how could you become so small

When I need you to be big?

You were so tall when I was a child.

And I was safe with you.

Grandmother, how could you become so angry

When I need you to be joyful?

You used to laugh when I was a child,

And I was safe with you.

Father, how could you get so sick

When I need you to be healthy?

You were so strong when I was a child,

And I was safe with you.

When did you all shrink?

How could you?

Now I’m the big one…

Now I’m the joyful one…

Now I’m the healthy one…

And now you’re all leaving me behind.

Comments

  1. But I'm not dead yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe its better to think they imbued you with their strength and you are carrying it with you. Dad would probably like some of his back, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad, but we all have to go through these stages.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sure I'm trailer-trash- Do you have a problem with that?

Actual Conversation Between my Children Overheard This Morning

Kitten update