Writing Projects



http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBeatBlog/archives/2012/11/01/the-rubiks-cube-on-top-of-beale-street-landing

I have three different writing projects I'm working on right now and I am enjoying myself immensely.

You know those scenes in detective shows where the genius detective looks at the crime scene and he can just "see" how it all fits together and then wows and amazes the police force?

That's how I feel sometimes when I'm revising my writing and the writing of others. Like it's all a Rubik's cube and I'm one of those people who can see all the answers.

My primary project I'm working on is my Song of Three Manuscript. I was a little stuck for a while, but then I purchased fancy pens, highlighters, post-its, and a cute 3-ring binder to put the hard copy in. Then I tentatively opened the binder and started highlighting- I was soon in a happy rhythm!

My second project is actually a book that my father wrote on preaching. He is an incredibly gifted preacher and he teaches preaching classes at the Baptist Seminary. He finished the book a few years ago and now that I am all into revising, I asked him if I could have a go at it. SO MUCH FUN! More highlighting, paragraph moving, and frantic note-writing!

My third project is also for my father. I interviewed my paternal grandmother at Christmas about my father's birth. He was an Rh Factor baby in a time when that was a potential death sentence for a baby and possibly the mother. His survival was a miracle and for his 60th birthday this year, I am going to write it all out for him.

Can you relate to this? When you write or revise, do you sometimes hear the angels singing and your heart pitter-pattering joyously? Or do you think I'm a little crazy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sure I'm trailer-trash- Do you have a problem with that?

Actual Conversation Between my Children Overheard This Morning

Kitten update