My photo
Lake Isabella, CA, United States
I am an aspiring writer in the Kern River Valley. This blog is a "test kitchen" to try different writing styles and to work through the many rejections and the handful of acceptances my work has received. But no matter what other people say about my writing, at least my mother thinks I'm a good writer!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Nest Poem


110.Our Nest

In our nest- it’s safe and warm and dry.

Outside, it’s cold and rainy grey.

Stay with me, my love.

Don’t walk out that door to face the world.

I’ll find a way to stay- if you will.

Here, there is no one who can hurt you. Or me.

Safe and dry and warm and sleepy- Let’s stay this way.

Don’t leave to fight those dragons.

They’ll wait- believe me.

They’ll still be there tomorrow.

But for today- let’s stay here.

Safe in our nest where no one can hurt us.


Photo Link

The picture at the top of the page is actually a really neat piece of installation art by artist Nils-Udo during the 1970's.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sandra Rose,
    A very interesting and thoughtful poem. I think I shall stay warm and cosy, just for tonight. The 'dragons' will just have to wait.
    With respect, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Lets all stay home snuggly at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- You have an award at http://myqualityday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete