Resolution


My Husband and me at my Cousin Jennifer's wedding in 2006


One of my my New Year's resolutions was to write a page a day every day this year. As Guy De Maupassant (French writer and author of the creepy story "The Horla,") put it- the best way to become a better writer is simply to "Get black on white."

I had been playing around with writing here and there when I got inspired every two or three months, but I decided it was time to really buckle down. Ergo, if I'm going to be a writer, I need to get in gear and WRITE.

So far, my resolution has yielded good results. It sometimes feels like slow-going, but I am already six chapters (about 40 pages) into a new children's book about a little girl named Marilyn Marlin. The book will only be about 13 chapters (about 80 pages), so I'm practically halfway! I like it much better than my first children's book, A Cavey Journey, which I am still revising.

I think Marilyn is a likable, albeit pathetic, character. I never did like my protagonists in A Cavey Journey- how could I expect my readers to like them? I am also happy with where the story is going. It's actually going to be pretty good. It's definitely a "hero's journey" sort of plot.

I hope to finish it by the summertime and then get to work on revising it.

For my next project, I hope to try my hand at Christian Fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sure I'm trailer-trash- Do you have a problem with that?

Kitten update

Actual Conversation Between my Children Overheard This Morning